Just overheard...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Logan was fussing on the floor, so Ethan got down on the floor and gave him his pacifier. Didn't help, so E got his Leapster and gave it to him. "You can play my Leapster if you want!" Awwwww..... :)

It's been a while since I've updated. Bad Lacie. January was an exciting month in the D household - I turned 27 and Logan became mobile. :) Well, kind of. He's not crawling, but he rolls to get where he wants to go, and nothing is safe anymore. He's been very chatty the past few days, too - it's a constant YA YA YA YA YA YA! Love it. :)

Ethan started pre-preschool and is having a blast. Absolutely no separation anxiety, unlike a lot of his classmates. He is so ready for something more than what this program is, but his damn birthday just gets in the way. September birthdays suck. At least they offer an advanced 3s program next year that focuses more on science/problem solving. The regular 3s focuses on letters/numbers/shapes/colors and that sort of thing, and he's had those down for a while now.

Shawn is still employed, thankfully, and his job doesn't appear to be in any danger. Knock on wood, cross fingers, and all that jazz. We have decided to stay in our current house for another year, as much as I really want to move into something bigger. We'll make do with what we have. I'm still grateful that we didn't decide to buy a house in the last few years - it's nice to know that if Shawn does get laid off, we can pack up and be out of here in a month or two and not have to worry about selling a house.

I've been contemplating ways I can bring in some income, and I'm feeling a very strong pull toward birth photography. I've wanted to be a doula for years now, but the logistics of possibly being gone for days for a birth is just not feasible at the moment. So enter birth photography. I would still get to participate in births, plus, I would get to give others something I really wish I had, which is good photos of their birth. All the photos I have of Ethan and Logan's births are either blurry or just not very good. Sigh.

Anyway. That's the update for now. I need to do pictures sometime this week, and maybe a video or two. :)

0 comments:

 
because i'm the momma, that's why. - by Templates para novo blogger