turning two!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Lolo,

Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet baby! I can't believe it's already been 2 years!

Sometimes it amazes me how your personality hasn't changed much over these two years - you're still the sweet little guy you have been since the day you were born. Of course, you're learning the fine art of the tantrum now - thank you, Terrible Twos.

All those times that I told Ethan that you would get him back someday for all the times he beat up on you are coming back to haunt him - you definitely hold your own when he picks on you, and I've seen you start it at times, too. I can't help but smile and think "sweet revenge!" before I break it up.

Your vocabulary is exploding lately, and I absolutely love hearing new words for the first time. You pick things up so quickly, and are quite clever when it comes to finding ways to get what you want. At least once a day I have to put the chairs back in the dining room after you've hauled them around the house to climb up and get into things.

You're such a good little helper around the house - I can't do a load of laundry during the day without you helping me put clothes in the dryer and pushing the button. And of course, you have to look in the washer before we close the lid. Every time Daddy gets his tools out, you're right there to help out, and sometimes you run for your little toolbox too! I hope you're always this helpful.

The best parts of my day are the times you come up and give me a kiss or hug without me even needing to ask for them. Even if the hug is followed by a quick nose wipe on my shoulder, or if the kiss is sticky with whatever you're snacking on. :)

I am sad that your baby days are behind you - you and I were so inseparable for the first year, due largely in part to your boobie addiction. :) But now you're so independent, and sometimes I wish we could go back to those days of constant cuddling. I'm so glad you still let me cradle you and sing Bye-Oh, playing 'baby' as you call it. And it melts my heart when you rock your baby doll and sing Bye-Oh to him.

Happy Birthday, my Lolo bug. I love you so much, and I am so lucky to be your momma.

0 comments:

 
because i'm the momma, that's why. - by Templates para novo blogger